I have been coaching and helping people improve their fitness since 1986. My passion is to help you become stronger for activities you love, or to simply tone up. My job is to make sure that your time training with me is effective and fun, using cutting edge programming.
Although I work with top-level athletes in the sports-oriented town of Sun Valley, I also know from experience the challenges we face when rebounding from injuries, surgeries or chronic conditions. As a former junior ski racer, I have a passion for skiing. I also love to run, hike, bike and rock climb, taking me to the cliffs of the Greek Islands, Sardinia, Italy, Spain and Thailand. But in 2004 I was struck with spondylolisthesis, a painful slipped disc in my lower back. I was living with chronic pain. After undergoing surgery to fix my back I began focusing my education on the limbo-pelvic-hip complex, and how to manage and prevent back pain. I am back to doing the things I love.
Since 2000 I have also studied yoga with world-renowned yoga teachers, so if you train with me, you will surely do some yoga. Balance is huge for people over 40. So is the necessity of bringing together muscles and mind to move more efficiently, to relax when we need to relax, and to be powerful when power is needed. For example, have you ever noticed that a great skier’s upper body is always relaxed?
We will begin with a 7-page health history questionnaire. Before we hit the gym I want to know where your body has been, and where you want it to go. We will train for full body moves with high metabolic cost. Whether your goal is fat loss, training for a specific athletic achievement, or returning to your favorite sport, I will bring abundant enthusiasm and the best programming to design your workout. ( If you train with me I can guarantee you that you will not be sore on the first day of ski season.)
Here is a list of my credentials:
- American College of Sports Medicine ( ACSM ) Certified Exercise Physiologist
- American Council on Exercise (gold level)
- Cooper Institute for Aerobics Research
- Active Isolated Strengthening Therapist (a method of fascia release used to facilitate stretching)
- Connie is an International Dance Exercise Association Elite Level Personal Trainer ( the highest level of achievement in the personal fitness training industry)
- TRX Suspension training coach.
- Author of the Essential Core Poster
- Author of a popular monthly health and fitness column for the Idaho Mountain Express
- Voted one of the top fitness trainers in the Sun Valley area
- Yoga training with www.judithlasater.com, www.seanecorn.com, and www.erich schiffman.com
- YMCA Group Exercise Leader